How Can Geofencing In Naperville Work With Home Security?
The latest home security options are becoming more advanced by the day. With that being said, you may still fail to do simple security chores like turning on your a security system, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
What if you never had to remember doing these chores ever again? With geofencing in Naperville, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Naperville For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter a set distance from your house, which you are able to customize within your smart security app. This modern home security option then utilizes your cell phone to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements take advantage of to share information with each other. The technology assists your home security by centralizing all elements onto a single network. You can then draw a unique boundary on all sides of your home and assign particular actions when you go past the boundary.
To illustrate, shortly after you leave your property, you can set your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Then, when you come back home, geofencing can inform your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, turn on lights, and even change your your temperature settings.
These are a handful of the technologies you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your property’s security system in Naperville. With the mobile app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of automation. Just tap your phone, and you can:
● Set schedules: set your smart devices to activate at a specific time. Have your lights start to dim to indicate that it's bedtime, or disarm your security alarms when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make certain equipment activate based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to turn on the fan if the fire alarm trips. Or turn on your hall’s smart light if your doorbell camera senses strange movements in the yard.
● Set a scene: Create custom room scenes with components that function in unison. Have your lights lower, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or program the system for a movie marathon with specific lighting and HVAC levels.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm if you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Naperville
Whether you desire extra certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing is a wise choice. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (630) 360-2986 or submit the following form to get started on your ideal security system.