How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Naperville
You know you need to protect your home. Above all else, it’s the place where your loved ones live and is where you store your valuables. But what is the ideal kind of home protection? Determining if you should use 24-hour monitoring is one of the chief considerations you will make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Naperville and get a better sense of what’s right for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24-hour monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to a third-party monitoring organization that is set to provide help at any moment. When a door sensor activates or a fire alarm starts to sound, your monitoring specialists receive an alert instantly. They quickly take action to validate the alarm and contact the appropriate emergency services.
On the other hand, an unmonitored security system doesn’t have a backup team. You can consider this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if an alarm sounds, you must act to remedy the situation. This choice is the more affordable route, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Naperville
Here’s a short overview of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a support system on your side is always wise. If you are away from home, asleep, or without your smartphone, your residence and those inside will still be protected.
- Faster response: Monitoring specialists are always standing by to help. They’ll react more quickly to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security systems might qualify you for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Better components and flawless integration: When you receive hardware, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security specialist, you will enjoy a fully integrated system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will find independently.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Expense: There is a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Usually required to get a professional install: Countless individuals would rather have the job done by qualified professionals, but some might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will usually need to sign a contract as part of your package. This is likely to be acceptable for most as home security is something you will want indefinitely.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Naperville
Here’s a short overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t incur a monitoring fee.
- Install yourself: DIYers may think of this as a pro as they can do the installation themselves and not have an installation fee. Others might want to go with a skilled technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You may install equipment when you desire - and from any manufacturer. Taking that into account, you could find incorporating into a seamless system a challenge.
- Control: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your system. If something happens, you’re in control of getting assistance.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What if you don’t have your phone and don’t receive a security notification? This situation will lead to more stress and less peace of mind.
- Calls for your total attention: As you are the sole person in control, you must pay close attention to your home security app.
- Integrating the system is up to you: If you need a helping hand during an install, you may have to pay for someone else. The installation process is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Naperville
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Naperville from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home defense system is the right choice for your family. Dial (630) 360-2986 today to get started.